that time again.
September 8, 2008 § 2 Comments
It’s time for work again. In 11 hours. Actually 10 and a half. I would like to say I am thrilled, refreshed, and chomping at the bit to go to work again. Unfortunately, there are approximately zero (0) things I would like to do less.
But here’s a list of things I would rather do, for your perusing enjoyment. And if you are one of those lucky independently wealthy individuals or unlucky unemployed individuals, you can use this list for ideas about how to spend your Monday.
- Mail my watercolors to all the people I love.
- Lay by the pool with my library books all around me. (Books include Leap Over A Wall, by Eugene Peterson, Etiquette, by Emily Post, The Circle of Simplicity, by a lady who’s name I can’t remember, and The Unexpected Legacy of Divorce, by Judith somebody.)
- Bake bread, and be around all day for the multiple risings and restings and long baking time.
- Go on a run so long that I would have to walk some.
- Go to Austin House of Prayer, which is only open during hours I’m at workie, and soak…
- Paint my dining room table white, instead of spinach-colored.
- Go buy fabric to sew curtains.
- With all my extra energy from the day, take my mtn bike to a great trail and have at it.
Okay, so I might need a whole week. Which could be okay.
What would YOU do with a day off?