what people who live alone do.
August 5, 2008 § 2 Comments
I like food blogs as much as, or actually probably a little more, than the next person. And the ones I like the very best are the ones with the beautiful, glossy, make-your-mouth-water pictures.
But I’ve started wondering if all these bloggers are largely (no pun intended) single. Why? Because I cooked something really great the other day. And there was no one to look at it. No one to share it with. So I grabbed my camera and took some pictures.
It was embarrassing. Have you ever stood in your kitchen all alone and pointed your camera at a plate of food? It feels…odd. To say the least.
Other things people who live alone do include:
- swimming by themselves for five minutes, then getting out.
- turning in at 9:08 on weeknights. on weekends, they stay up til at least 10:00.
- refusing to buy grocery items that don’t come in single servings.
- going to the office early, staying late, and reading business books at Borders on the weekends.
- keeping all their mail, even though, after a week of not checking it, it still only amounts to a coupon from Bed, Bath, and Beyond, a coupon for Chik-Fil-A, and a coupon for Sports Authority.
- having long internal dialogues about how glad they are they’re single so they don’t have to meditate on how much they wish they weren’t.
In other news, I learned to use a 15,000 dollar t-shirt printer today. If anyone would like a t-shirt, I now have to make a t-shirt a day until we hire someone to run the project for which we bought the printer. I have Men’s Large V-necks, if you’re interested.